CREATIVE ACTIVITY 

        Week 1

Creativity is what sets the human species apart from other creatures, creativity goes hand in hand with imagination, intelligence, and free will. Humans are born creative, but the social environment and the economically driven lifestyle may set creative thinking and activities at the bottom of one’s priorities.

As for myself, I consider creative activities an important part of my person, I enjoy doodling from time to time, I play some guitar, and I used to make some electronic music using FL Studio (Fruity Loops back then). I’m not good or proficient but while I’m playing or composing music or sketching on a piece of paper, those are moments of bliss for me.





For today’s creative activity, I decided to vectorize a sketch I made a while ago, I randomly stumbled upon this piece of paper that contains this interesting doodle I made a couple of months ago.






The first step is I took a a picture of the sketch, and then load it into Adobe Illustrator. I lowered the layer's opacity and started tracing on top of the sketch, using the pen tool. After some adjustments I've got this result: 













The second step consisted of shadowing, for more contrast and depth, so I used the pen tool again for the shadowing process, This time I kept the fill color and deactivated the stroke color, then pushed everything backward. 






This is what I've got so far:





The result looks cool as it is, but I wanted to add more interest and dynamic to it, so I decided to include some contrast and variety by adding flowers, I've got inspiration from this video: 



  
So I started by creating this simple flower,  using pentagon-like shapes and then applying the Distort and Transform  (Pucker & Bloat). I used blend mode to give that gradual color look.





I free-handed some stems to glue everything together then created a couple varieties of flowers, and added some adjustments.
Finally, the final result looks like this, It definitely needs more refining, however, it looks okay I guess. 



END












Comments