WEEK 2 PROJECT

Week 2 project - Song poster


 Lateralus by Tool is one of my all-time favorite songs. I remember the first time I listened to it, it was bliss, I couldn't comprehend how this song is magical and charming to the point of trance if you dive very deep into it.
The song is about self promoting, and spiritual enlightenment. The concept of spiraling out is reinforced in the song by adapting the Fibonacci sequence to its time signature; a very odd one in deed; which is perfectly performed by the legendary drummer Danny Carey. Lyrics are following the same formula also. Meynard James Keenan the band’s vocalist and lyricist did a magical work to adjust the lyrics to the complex melody. 

I tried to capture the spirit of the song by blending a spiral galaxy with an eye. the meditating silhouette of a person is centered with the pyramid to convey the sense of direction toward a higher consciousness.

the text is simply my understanding of the song after years of repeated listening. 
The font used is Optimusprincipes. I find this font very stable and effective to give that sense of major importance and expression. I decided to give the text a harsh shadow by duplicating the text and blackening it.




Comments