Flying Whale

In this creative activity, I endeavored to create an original artwork, as I have always been fascinated by whales. While drawing, I was reminded of one of Gojira's songs: 'Flying Whales,' from the album 'From Mars to Sirius.' The album’s artwork features a whale soaring through space. My whales, however, haven't reached space yet; they are still roaming beneath the atmosphere, lol.

The process of making this artwork began with a rough sketch on paper. I then uploaded it to Illustrator as a template and started tracing over it in a separate layer. I aimed to smooth it out as much as possible, but I also wanted to retain some roughness and imperfections to give it an organic feel.

I created a second layer for the fill colors and placed it beneath the linework layer. A third layer was added for the shadows, which helped to add volume to the whale. 



Finally, I created another layer for the clouds, including the crescent moon.

The background consists of a rectangle filled with a gradient.



The final work looks like this:



Comments