PROJECT-2-GRIFFITH-PARK-MAP

 Griffith Park Map.

Today's portfolio project is to create an accessible, visually appealing, and simple version of Griffith Park. My aim is to focus on what makes this park special and offer visitors a glimpse of what the park has to offer.


In facing the challenge of summarizing the detailed and overwhelming topographic map, https://griffithobservatory.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Griffith_Park_Map.pdf. I had to decide which elements to keep and which to omit. After researching and reviewing examples online wspecially those two examples: Griffith Park Map, and Griffith Park Map 2 I created a simplified version of the map. I'm aware that I missed many key features of the park, but I emphasized what Griffith Park is best known for.


I have also created a set of icons, which I like to call "Figurines", from scratch, drawing on multiple references and my own imagination. Throughout this process, maintaining a consistent style was crucial.


The main highway is drawn using a Pattern Brush.

Here's my final result:



Comments