WEEK 1: FINAL PROJECT

 Victorian-inspired gala poster 

In this week’s final project, I’ve chosen the gala poster option: an event poster for a gala evening organized by a local animal shelter organization, inspired by the Victorian style. The organization I picked is SPCA Florida.

The assets used in this work are premade; however, I had to tweak them to fit this project's specifications. For the gentleman cat’s illustration, I borrowed an image from the web that felt perfect for the theme of this poster, and then traced over it using the pen and pencil tools. To achieve the variation in line width, I used the width tool to maintain consistency with the artwork.


As for the fonts used in this project, from the top to the bottom of the poster respectively, I picked: Franklin Gothic Demi, Kunstler Script for the gala wording, Lucida Bright, and finally, Calibri for the info section and the 'PRESENTS' text placed near the top of the artwork.



Comments